PESAN DAN TANGGAPAN :
GSI International Summers Student Program
Oleh : Ihsan Amin
Jumat, 18 Januari 2008 (07:31 WIB) dari IP 188.8.131.52
GSI, the German research center for heavy ion physics, is one of the world's leading accelerator laboratories for basic research with accelerated ions. The research spectrum ranges from high energy hadron and nuclear physics to atomic physics, laser and plasma physics, materials science, bio-physics and cancer therapy. Detailed information about our research center can be found on the GSI home-page.
Every summer GSI organizes a Student Summer Program which is offered to a limited number of students in physics or related natural science disciplines from Europe and the NIS-countries.
* Scope: Each participant will join one of the research groups and work on a limited project during the program. As an introduction into the various branches of research and applications with heavy ions a series of lectures will be held.
* Level: advanced undergraduate level (3 rd to 4 th year of study)
* Duration: 8 weeks (around mid August till end of September)
* Number of Participants: about 35
* Accommodation and Reimbursement: Free accommodation will be provided in guest rooms close to GSI. The travel expenses as well as a daily allowance will be covered by the institute.
Qualification: Applicants should have completed the 3rd year of study as well as courses in one of the following three fields: nuclear physics, high energy physics, or atomic physics by the beginning of the program.
| revisi terakhir : 18 Januari 2008